Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs to Build Cabinets is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost to Build Cabinets materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The to Build Cabinets estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of feet you need for each custom build cabinet, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to Build Cabinets for your home
Example: a standard base Wood cabinets come sold in increments of: 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 inches wide. A typical Wood cabinet over the stove is either 24 inches wide, to accept a standard microwave or stove ventilation fan. 24, 36 inch Cabinets are normally for shelves, draws and over counter storage space. A 48″-60″ are typically for your sink area, and finally, a 12″ inch Cabinet is normally used for filler space and can be used for small storage in your kitchen area.
Wood Cabinets are typically built using high quality materials that are custom built in a mill-work shop. Types of wood used in high-end Wood Cabinets are: Walnut, Maple, Cherry, and oak.
|Cost to Build Cabinets||Zip Code||Unit.|
|Build Cabinets – Material Prices|
|Build Cabinets – Installation Cost|
|Cost to Build Cabinets – Total|
|Cost to Build Cabinets – Total Average Cost per unit|
Build Cabinets – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Expect the Custom Build Cabinets prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Custom Build Cabinets costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of wood for your Custom Build Cabinets and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Custom Build Cabinets isn’t an easy task to perform and can leave you with a Light wallet if done incorrectly. You might find it more cost effective to hire a kitchen remodeling, or General Contractor company to perform the work for you. Kitchen Remodeling companies will most always get better prices on Custom Build Cabinets — saving your back any additional costs of Custom Build Cabinets, so shop around, ask your neighbors if they can recommend someone.
108 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.