Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Slate Roofing Tile is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Slate Roofing Tile materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Slate Roofing Tile cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a Slate Roofing Tile installed onto your home
|Slate Roofing Tile costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Slate Roofing Tile – Material Prices||$165.00 – $175.00||$190.00 – $210.00||$220.00 – $250.00|
|Slate Roofing Tile – Installation Cost||$220.00 – $240.00||$265.00 – $280.00||$300.00 – $340.00|
|Slate Roofing Tile – Total||$385.00 – $415.00||$455.00 – $490.00||$520.00 – $590.00|
|Slate Roofing Tile – Total Average Cost per square foot||$4.00||$4.72||$5.55|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Slate Roofing Tile installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Slate Roofing Tile contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Slate Roofing Tile Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Slate Roofing Tile – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Slate Roofing Tile contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Slate Roofing Tile prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, hips, valleys, dormers, curbs, ventilation, etc. The additional complexity of your roof will add to the Slate Roofing Tile costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Slate Roofing Tile and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Slate Roofing Tile project.
114 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?