Here we will define the best print on demand sites, the best companies where we can start a printing on demand online business.
E-commerce is a thriving area that will reach 3 billion customers by 2025 and one of the simplest ways to start is through a print-on-demand inline business.
We have also a comparison between two very similar companies in our Scalable Press vs Printful comparison.
In this listing, we will visit these sites to discover which would be the best one to start a business. Maybe a combination of some of them would be fine as well.
Advantages of Print on Demand Business Model
When it comes to joining the e-commerce industry, there are numerous advantages to using print on demand service, which are:
1- Not having stocks to store
There are no warehousing or insurance expenses because you never have to worry about having enough space for stock.
2- Not having to pay upfront costs for products
You only have to pay for an item once it has been sold.
First, the consumer will pay you.
Then you will purchase the goods from a print-on-demand website and have them shipped directly to your customer.
This method allows you to keep a portion of the profit margin.
3- Minimal overhead for your online business
Your eCommerce demand platform is the only thing you’ll have to pay for in advance.
4- No limit to the number of products you can sell
Want to offer a hundred different t-shirt or hoodie designs? Easy! You can sell as many various types of things in as many different varieties as you want!
Plus, you won’t have to worry about having them created ahead of time.
5- Not having to pack or ship the products yourself
When your products are ready, they will be dispatched directly to your clients.
This way, you save time at the post office, and you can focus on building your business.
Now that we’ve established that this particular business model works well for beginners let’s get to the sites themselves.
I’ll include the primary features of each site, so it’ll be easier to make your decision.
Best Print On Demand Sites Available Right Now
Printful is one of the most popular print-on-demand sites, with a reputation for being user-friendly and offering excellent customer support.
They provide a large selection of items that you can customize and have shipped directly to your clients.
Printful connects with a wide range of platforms, including Shopify, Wix, Big Cartel, Magento, Squarespace, and WooCommerce.
It can also be integrated with demand marketplaces like Etsy and Amazon, making it simple to link Printful to your e-commerce store.
After you’ve connected your store, you can begin selecting which products to offer and uploading your custom designs.
You can produce photos of your products for use on your website using a mockup and print file generator.
Then you can begin selling your products once you’ve uploaded your product photographs to your website.
When a client makes a purchase, the item is automatically transferred to the Printful factory.
They’ll print, pack and dispatch the items to your customer with your own branding.
You will receive a tracking number so you can check when it arrives.
Printful ships internationally, with five fulfillment centers in North America and Europe.
You get to choose the fulfillment center that is nearest to your client. You may also choose from a variety of economical and dependable shipping carriers.
- Five fulfillment centers all over North America and Europe
- The platform is straightforward. It’s easy to set up your shop.
- The entire process is streamlined and automated.
- You don’t have to pay monthly fees or anything upfront. All you have to shoulder is the shipping fee every time someone makes an order.
- A vast array of product types to choose from
- Includes your custom printed labels and pack-ins
- Not every product is available for worldwide shipping
2- Printify – One Of The Best Print on Demand Sites
Printify is a POD business that lets you make personalized products and sell them on your own website.
They provide over 200 POD goods, including t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, bags, home decor, canvas prints, and more.
They work with a variety of print providers, allowing you to select the one that best suits your needs.
Your customers also get to pick their desired provider based on their location and price point.
There is a free mockup generator that allows you to apply your design to a mockup of your selected product.
You may quickly change colors and designs before evaluating your product on a high-resolution image. You can then upload these images to your online store.
Printify interfaces with all of the most prominent eCommerce platforms, including Shopify, eBay, and Etsy.
So when a buyer puts an order, it is automatically transferred to Printify, who will begin manufacturing your product.
Printify can also help you ship your goods once it’s ready. They’ll package your product for you and mail it directly to your buyer, complete with your custom printed label.
- You can play around with designs with the free mockup generator.
- Easily integratable with the most popular e-commerce platforms.
- Shipping labels are customizable with your branding.
- Your customers won’t see Printify’s logo on anything that you sell.
- A free plan is available so you can test out the service at no cost whatsoever.
- The mockup generator tends to be glitchy at times.
- Customer service could be better, especially during peak seasons.
- You’d have to order samples from suppliers to check out the quality of their prints.
Related Reading: Printful VS Printify – Read The Comparison Here
Zazzle is one of the most sought-after print-on-demand websites.
They offer not just a print-on-demand service but also a massive art marketplace. On Zazzle, you can explore and purchase printed products from other artists.
They have a vast selection of items, well over 1,300! Plus, with around 30 million monthly visits, their marketplace is a terrific location to get your products noticed.
Zazzle has a vast range of products, including bedding, apparel, paper goods, home decor, dinnerware, and office supplies. So if you want to offer a variety of items, Zazzle could be the place for you.
The critical difference between Zazzle and other print-on-demand platforms is that your shop will be housed on Zazzle. Typically, you’d have your own Shopify or WooCommerce site.
However, you can make affiliate product connections to your Zazzle products from your own online store if you want to.
The first step in getting started with Zazzle is to register a member account, which is simple and free.
Once you’ve created an account, you can upload your designs and apply them to any of Zazzle’s items. Then you can list them in your own Zazzle shop.
You can determine your own prices and how much commission you want to make on each sale with Zazzle.
The customer buys the item from your Zazzle shop and pays through Zazzle as well.
Zazzle will then make and ship your product to the purchaser, and you will be compensated for the sale.
If you introduce customers to Zazzle through your own e-commerce business, you’ll earn a 15% affiliate commission on each sale.
That’s in addition to the commission you put on your merchandise!
- You can set up a Zazzle store with no hosting fees.
- Payments and shipments fall under Zazzle’s responsibilities. All you have to do is upload your designs.
- Fortunately, you can link your e-commerce store to Zazzle if you’ve already established one. By doing so, you get a 15% affiliate commission on top of the commission that you set yourself.
- There are so many products to choose from, and there’s no limit to how many products you want to sell.
- Zazzle’s marketplace is buzzing, which means you instantly get a ready-made customer base.
- There are no fees to pay or minimum orders to fulfill.
- Zazzle’s marketplace is loaded with competition, so you will have to promote your products to make a decent revenue.
- The product margins are a little slim.
- You get less control over branding. You don’t have the option to create white label products.
Related Reading: Start An Online Boutique Store With Shopify – Click And Learn More
Redbubble, like Printful, prints your artwork on t-shirts, sweatshirts, notebooks, and posters, among other items.
The print-on-demand platform Redbubble allows artists to establish their own markup for each product they sell.
Other e-commerce art sites may limit this feature in order to maintain competitive prices.
So if you’re a graphic designer trying to sell your art through merchandise, Redbubble is an excellent option.
- Several fulfillment centers worldwide, including ones in Europe, Australia, Canada, and the US.
- Your clients will rarely ever have to worry about customs fees and taxes.
- A wide selection of products, including niche items like duvet covers.
- Earnings are sent every 7th to 10th of each month.
- Redbubble has customer-centric policies, which is a double-edged sword for sellers.
Bonfire isn’t your average print-on-demand business.
This company, based in Richmond, Virginia, began as a platform for individuals and non-profits to sell printed t-shirts.
They’ve now shifted their approach and now offer themselves as an alternative POD service.
So even folks who only want to make money selling printed shirts online are welcome to use it.
Bonfire doesn’t appear to be an obvious choice for profit-driven people at first glance.
The base price of shirts is significantly higher than the industry norm, and the product range is limited.
They do, however, operate in their own domain and may be the ideal partner for some companies.
Bonfire allows you to create your own store—a permanent home for your designs.
Visitors can buy shirts with your designs on them, and Bonfire will take care of the rest.
This is the more traditional method of making money online by selling shirts, but you don’t get the bulk discounts.
Bonfire’s product line isn’t exceptionally diverse in comparison to its competitors.
While the product line isn’t as diverse as it may be, it does create a more consistent brand. I genuinely get a sense of quality over quantity with this platform.
- Excellent print and shirt quality
- Exceptional customer support
- Works well with limited campaigns and fundraising
- Campaign runs let you secure larger pre-orders
- Premium brand with ethical practices
- Not the best margins with one-off sales
- Only price-competitive when it comes to bulk orders
- Delivery fees are charged to customers
- Slow shipping times
Related Reading: The Complete Guide To Sublimation Printing – Read The Guide Here
6- Spring – Formerly Teespring
Spring ( formerly Teespring) is a print-on-demand platform that designers, artists, and sellers can have fun with. It allows you to sell your own products on the internet without having to keep any inventory on hand.
Spring will handle all of your marketing, manufacturing, delivery, and customer service for you.
To get started, simply go to the Spring Launcher and create your first design. There are over 50 products to pick from, and Spring’s integrations allow you to sell your things anywhere online.
Spring also has a marketing network that allows you to sell your products on sites like Etsy, eBay, and Amazon.
Once a buyer submits an order, Spring will handle production and delivery. Plus, their customer service team will address any questions.
- You never have to address your customer’s concerns. Spring’s customer service department will handle that.
- There are no minimum purchase requirements to fulfill.
- Spring is transparent with the cost of its products. You’ll know precisely the profit margin of each one.
- Spring is the best option for Amazon sellers. Even without a storefront, you can take advantage of their “boosted network.” You gain access to booming marketplaces like Walmart, Wish, and eBay.
- Fulfillment centers all over the US and Europe
- You get significantly less control over your brand. Your products will likely get to your customers in Spring packaging.
- Not the most varied product catalog compared to its competition.
SPOD is a Shopify print-on-demand business that promises a 48-hour turnaround time for its print-on-demand items. That’s substantially quicker than most other providers!
They also claim to beat their competitors’ prices, ensuring that you always have the best profit margin on your products.
SPOD also boasts a return rate of less than 0.8% for every 100,000 products shipped.
SPOD might be the right provider for you if you’re concerned with the quality of your products.
There are over 100 items available, including clothing for men, women, and children.
You may also choose from a variety of accessories such as mugs, aprons, bags, and backpacks.
To begin, connect the customizer tool to your Shopify store to start generating items.
From there, you may select products, add designs and text, and rotate designs till you get what you want.
If Design isn’t your thing, you can choose from a library of over 50,000 free designs. Doing so will leave you the time to focus on marketing your company.
When a client puts in an order, SPOD is instantly notified for processing. The item is then guaranteed to be manufactured, packed, and dispatched within 48 hours. Pretty sweet.
- SPOD works seamlessly with Shopify.
- The best option if you’re looking for a provider that will match or even beat the prices of its competitors.
- Promised 48-hour turnaround for POD products.
- They only sell high-quality products with meager return rates.
- If you’re not much of a designer, there are over 50,000 free designs to choose from.
- The customizer tool works well. Even inexperienced designers can come up with beautiful designs using it.
- If you’re not a Shopify user, then this one is a hard pass for you.
- Their product range could be better.
CustomCat is a Detroit-based digital printing company that uses cutting-edge technology to print custom apparel with minimum quantities.
They will also deliver your customized products directly to your consumers. All that’s left for you to do is sit back once you have earned a sale.
CustomCat works with Shopify and WooCommerce, and you may also utilize their API to create custom integrations.
You also have the option to place orders using a CSV file manually. They primarily sell clothing and accessories, with over 500 items to pick from.
They have a speedy turnaround, with orders being received, personalized, and shipped out within 2-3 days.
Plus, they have a variety of printing options, including embroidery, direct to garment, and dye-sublimation.
If you’re using Shopify or WooCommerce, your order will be sent directly to CustomCat.
They’ll be the ones to fill it and ship it to your customer under your own brand. Once it has been shipped using your Shopify or WooCommerce API, your customer will receive an automatic notification.
- Integrates beautifully with WooCommerce and Shopify.
- Over 500 items to choose from and sell.
- Fully white-labeled, meaning your products wouldn’t have a trace of their branding.
- Multiple printing options.
- An overall higher profit margin with their products compared to other POD services.
- Its only native integrations are that with WooCommerce and Shopify. Should you choose to sell on some other platform, you have to use the API manually. You could always upload the orders manually as well.
Related Reading: Lessons From Top 10 YouTuber Merch Shops – Find The Lessons Here
Gooten is a print-on-demand service that offers a wide choice of products for you to customize and sell. If you wish to build up other brands, you can use your Gooten account for as many as you like.
The Gooten API may be used to link Gooten to your Shopify store. You can also connect with Etsy, WooCommerce, and a variety of other online retailers.
You may create goods on Gooten, add them to your online store. When a client puts an order, the order will be sent directly to Gooten. They will print, package, and ship it to your buyer.
From the dashboard, you may track and cancel orders and pause them for further customization if necessary.
Gooten offers a wide variety of things in their product catalog, including garments, accessories, pet items, wall art, and more.
- It’s easy to set up an account, and the platform is straightforward to use.
- Decent range of high-quality products
- Lets you sell products with worldwide shipping
- Direct integrations with Shopify, Etsy, and WooCommerce
- Has partnered with many printing services and is able to handle unlimited orders
- Sellers have no minimum order requirements
- Integrations outside of Shopify, Etsy, and WooCommerce don’t exist. You’ll have to use Gooten’s API as a workaround.
10 -Scalable Press
Scalable Press is one of the first companies to offer print-on-demand services.
They can supply you with the best cost for t-shirts, embroidery, and poster prints, among many print-on-demand sites.
That’s because they have in-house fulfillment and industry experience. This corporation operates a number of printing facilities across the United States.
Scalable Press Pros
- A breeze to set up
- Its Shopify integration is seamless.
- Excellent bulk pricing compared to its competition.
- Screen printing is available if you want to order in bulk.
- Over a decade in the printing industry
Scalable Press Cons
- The payment process is a bit confusing.
- Fulfillment times are inconsistent.
11- Print Aura
Printaura is one of the first companies to enter the print-on-demand market. They are slightly more expensive than others in comparison.
Printaura also offers some functions that no other service does, despite its less intuitive user design.
Printaura’s UI appears to be a little stale and hasn’t been updated in a long time. However, it is still functional and provides all of the essential tools.
Print Aura Pros
- You have the option to send your own packaging materials to Printaura.
- The service can add custom hand tags, inside labels, and slips to spruce up your products.
- Extensive integrations with other eCommerce platforms like Storenvy, Shopify, and Opencart
- Has been in the industry for almost ten years, giving it an edge in service and print quality
Print Aura Cons
- The UI is a little outdated
Teelaunch is another print-on-demand platform that works well with Shopify.
It’s a fantastic Printful or Printify substitute. Their product pricing is unrivaled for specific items.
Mugs, for example, are of top-notch quality with Teelaunch.
Again, the print-on-demand pricing model allows you to launch your store with no upfront expenditure.
- The best option if you’re looking to sell custom mugs
- It only takes one click to integrate with Shopify.
- Includes a Product Builder where you can create mockups of your product before adding them to your catalog
- The print quality is inconsistent depending on the type of product.
- Shipping times could use some improvement.
Related Reading: How To Make Money Online Without Paying Anything – Click Here To Learn More
Because we only included the finest print-on-demand sites, you can be confident that any of these options work.
When it comes down to it, your advancement relies on your business type and model.
Printify and Printify are both excellent solutions if you want complete control over your own branding from a demand business.
They both offer full white label services so that you can sell your items from your own site. Your clients will assume the items came directly from you!
Zazzle may be a good alternative for you if you’re starting off on a tight budget. There are no upfront expenditures, and there’s already a ready-made marketplace.
Whatever ends up being your choice, it’s a smart move to join the e-commerce industry right now.