Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Trex Decking is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Trex Decking materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Trex Decking estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Trex Decking installed onto your home
|Trex Decking Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Trex Decking – Material Prices||$425.00 – $450.00||$575.00 – $695.00||$750.00 – $835.00|
|Trex Decking – Installation Cost||$475.00 – $525.00||$575.00 – $635.00||$675.00 – $725.00|
|Trex Decking – Total||$900.00 – $975.00||$1150.00 – $1330.00||$1425.00 – $1560.00|
|Trex Decking – Total Average Cost per square foot||$9.38||$12.40||$14.93|
How much does a Trex Deck cost?
The average trex decking cost $6.00 to $12.00 per linear foot. Meanwhile, the installation cost is $4.50 to $8.50 per linear foot on average depending on the type of fastener, pattern you choose – a typical 10′ x 12′ deck could you run you
How much does Trex Decking cost by type?
- Trex Select: is their basic line costing on average $4-$4.5 per sq. ft.
- Trex Enhance: is a higher quality material costing $5.50-$6.75 per square ft.
- Trex Transcend: it their highest grade, costing on average $7-$8.50 per sq. ft.
The above pricing reflects the average cost of trex decking excluding installation and fasteners. Expect the cost for installation to run you about $9 – $15.00 per square foot for a contractor to install new decking. If the contractor needs to remove existing decking, the cost associated with this would run you about $2 – $300.00 for a typical 10′ x 12′ foot deck.
Trex Decking – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Trex Decking contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Trex Decking prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Trex Decking costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Trex Decking and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Trex Decking project.
View other Decking Options & Costs: Composite, Wood, PVC & Metal Decking Choices
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide
- Estimating Building Costs: For Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
538 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.