Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Plantation Shutters is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for a breakdown for Cost of Plantation Shutters materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. This Plantation Shutters cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Plantation Shutters installed onto your home
|Plantation Shutters costs||Zip Code||Pair|
|Plantation Shutters – Material Prices||$77.00 – $106.60||$250.00 – $450.00||$800.00 – $1300.00|
|Plantation Shutters – Installation Cost||$91.00 – $131.10||$151.20 – $181.30||$250.00 – $300.00|
|Plantation Shutters – Total||$168.00 – $237.70||$401.20 – $631.30||$1050.00 – $1600.00|
|Plantation Shutters – Total Average Cost per pair||$101.42||$258.13||$662.50|
How much does it cost to install Plantation Shutters?
Plantation shutters will cost on average $200-1,200 per pair installed with materials depending on the materials, size and style. Is this a DIY project? It sure can if you have some basic tools and some help. However, if you do choose to have a professional installer do the job, you can expect the price for installation to go down as you purchase more units to install.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Plantation Shutter installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured carpenter to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Plantation Shutters Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Plantation Shutters – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect Plantation Shutter prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, etc. The additional complexity of your window will add to the Plantation Shutter costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Plantation Shutters and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Plantation Shutters project.
318 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.