Hiring an Interior Room Painter Overview
If you cringe at the thought of spending a weekend repainting your home, you might want to think about hiring a professional. With a professional painting service, you can expect a professional look. Most painting services will also handle tasks such as moving furniture and removing pictures and decorations from the walls.
Hiring an Interior Room Painter Cost
It is difficult to estimate the cost of hiring a professional painter. The cost varies based on the size of the job, the condition of your walls, the quality of the paint, the painter’s experience and your region of the country.
Try Our Free Interior Painting Quote Request Tool
Tell us some details about your needs and get connected to pre-screened companies in your area. Compare free price quotes from multiple companies and save time and money instantly! No obligations to hire or purchase ever!
Find a Painting Pro >>
Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $1,000 per room. A bathroom will fall on the low end of that price range, while a large living room that requires substantial repairs to the walls will fall on the high end.
Paint may or may not be included in the price. Most gallons of paint are priced between $20 and $50, but you can spend less for lower quality paint and significantly more for high-end paint.
Hiring an Interior Room Painter Pros
- Professional look – Perhaps the greatest benefit to hiring a professional painter is that you’ll end up with a professional look. The paint job should be neat and even with clean lines and edges.
- Saves time – Hiring a professional painting service saves you hours or days worth of hard labor.
- Safer – Climbing on a ladder to reach high ceilings or bending over to paint baseboards can be rough on your body, particularly if you’re prone to injuries or have aches and pains. When you hire a professional, you’re not risking injury.
Hiring an Interior Room Painter Cons
- More expensive – Hiring a professional painter can be pricey. It’s far more expensive than tackling the project yourself.
A fresh coat of paint is a great way to spruce up the interior of your home. A light color can make the entire home look larger and cleaner, while bold tones can introduce a whole new design element to your space.
Interior painting is a popular do-it-yourself task. Unlike fixing the furnace or rewiring the electricity, the job doesn’t necessarily require a professional. Painting is not a task that most of would describe as fun, but it can be a satisfying and affordable DIY project.
DIY painting is fairly inexpensive. The largest cost you will incur is the paint itself, which generally sells for $20 to $50 per gallon, depending on quality. One gallon of paint will cover about 350 square feet of wall space.
Primer usually costs $10 to $40 per gallon, with a gallon covering about 200 square feet. And accessories such as brushes, rollers, paint trays and gloves usually add $30 to $50 to the total price.
- Less expensive – DIY painting is far less expensive than hiring a professional. You might spend a couple hundred dollars, compared to several thousand.
- More control – With DIY painting, you have precise control of how the job is done and when. You decide exactly how many coats of paint to use, etc.
- Not a professional look – Unless you’re an expert DIY painter, it will be hard to match the look of a professional painting service. Chances are, the paint job won’t be as neat and clean.
- Difficult work – Painting your home can be a difficult and time consuming process. It’s tough on the body and can take several days to complete.
- Not as safe – Climbing on a ladder to reach high ceilings comes with some amount of risk. Accidents are rare, but they do happen.
Find Local Painting Companies Who Will Compete for Your Business