Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Wrought Iron Fencing is near you by using our handy calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
This Wrought Iron Fencing cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing near you. Simply enter your zip code and the lineal footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Wrought Iron Fencing installed onto your property
|Wrought Iron Fence Cost Calculator
||Zip Code||Lineal ft.|
|Wrought Iron Fence – Material Prices||$1925.00 – $2250.00||$2475.00 – $2595.00||$2625.00 – $3085.00|
|Wrought Iron Fence – Installation Cost||$550.00 – $575.00||$600.00 – $635.00||$750.00 – $750.00|
|Wrought Iron Fence – Total||$2475.00 – $2825.00||$3075.00 – $3230.00||$3375.00 – $3835.00|
|Wrought Iron Fence – Total Average Cost per Linear foot||$26.50||$31.52||$36.05|
How Much Does a Wrought Iron Fence Cost Installed?
The average Wrought iron fence cost $26 to $36 per linear foot. So what this mean is for a 6′ high fence running 160′ feet in length will cost you $4,960 on average for installation. However, this doesn’t take into account the cost of: Footings, posts, post brackets and difficult site-work. Each footing costs on average $100 each.
|High-end||$3,360 – 8,300
Wrought Iron Gate Prices
Unless you’re buying a custom made gate for your home, wrought iron gate cost between $325 for a single-swinging gate to $3,800 for a driveway gate. However, if you want to install an automatic security gate, tack on an additional $1,700 for the materials and another $2,000 for the installation that includes hiring an electrician at a rate of $90 per hr.
Iron Fence Costs vs. Aluminum, Steel and Other Metals
If you’re not sure about the best metal for your fence, use this chart to compare them:
|Wrought Iron||$3,500-$5,700||75+ years|
|Cast Iron||$2,200-$3,000||30+ years|
|Tubular Steel||$2,300-$3,250||30+ years|
Wrought Iron Fencing – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a fencing contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the wrought iron fencing prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home landscaping will add to the wrought iron fencing costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of wrought iron fencing and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Wrought Iron Fencing project.
View Other Fencing Options and Pricing: Vinyl, Wood, Cedar, PVC, Chainlink & Composite Fences
- Composite & Vinyl
- Hud Homes and Development – Volume 9, The Rehab Guide
- Estimating fencing Costs: for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
439 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.