Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for plush carpeting is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the cost of plush carpeting materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The plush carpeting cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have plush carpeting installed in your home.
|Plush Carpeting costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Plush Carpeting – Material Prices||$120.00 – $130.00||$150.00 – $195.00||$225.00 – $275.00|
|Plush Carpeting – Installation Cost||$105.00 – $110.00||$130.00 – $150.00||$165.00 – $175.00|
|Plush Carpeting – Total||$225.00 – $240.00||$280.00 – $345.00||$390.00 – $450.00|
|Plush Carpeting – Total Average Cost per square foot||$2.33||$3.13||$4.20|
How Much Does Plush Carpeting Installation Cost on Average?
Plush carpet costs on average $3.50 per square foot for materials and installation. However, this doesn’t include, site preparation, padding, tack strip, closets and pattern changes.
Other Carpet Installation Costs to Consider:
- Site Preparation: If your existing carpet and tack strips need to be removed, expect to add an additional $1-1.50 per square ft.
- Sub-floor prep: This involves screwing down any loose or squeaking areas of your subfloor, expect to pay between $.60-.90 cents per square ft.
- Carpet padding: Expect to pay roughly $.50 – $1.50 on the high-end for padding.
Plush Carpeting – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a carpeting contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the plush carpeting prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, etc. The additional complexity of your Walls and sub-flooring, trim work will add to the plush carpeting costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of plush carpeting and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Plush Carpeting project.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a plush carpeting installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured plush carpeting contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Plush Carpeting Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
View Other Flooring Costs and Options: From Vinyl, Hardwood, Laminate, and Carpet Styles
- Vinyl & Laminate
- Hardwood & Engineered
- Carpet & Tile
The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 5: Partitions, Ceilings, Floors, and Stairs U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of Policy Development and Research.
http://www.aspenational.org/, — How to Estimate the Cost of Commonly Used Flooring Systems.
151 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.