Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for a gas hot water heater system is in your zip code by using our handy calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
The gas hot water heater estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of units, click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have a gas hot water heater installed in your home
|Gas Hot Water Heater Costs||Zip Code||Units|
|Gas Hot Water Heater – Material Prices||$330.00 – $445.00||$457.00 – $565.00||$570.00 – $600.00|
|Gas Hot Water Heater – Installation Cost||$165.00 – $185.50||$200.00 – $220.00||$325.00 – $350.00|
|Gas Hot Water Heater – Total||$495.00 – $630.50||$657.00 – $785.00||$895.00 – $950.00|
|Gas Hot Water Heater – Total Average Cost per Unit||$562.75||$721.00||$922.50|
How much does it cost to install a Gas water heater?
The average gas water heater installation cost between $800 and $1,200, not including the hot water tank. Depending on if you choose a 40 or 50 gallon tank size, a water heater cost $300 and $1,500 on the low and high-end. Labor costs of a HVAC company ranges between $75 to $150 per hr.
Gas Hot Water Heaters – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Expect the Gas Hot Water Heaters prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Gas Hot Water Heaters costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Gas Hot Water Heaters and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Gas Hot Water Heaters isn’t an easy task to perform and can leave you with a sore back. You might find it more cost effective to hire a Electrician contractor to perform the work for you. Electrical companies will most always get better prices on Gas Hot water Heaters — saving your back and additional costs of Gas Hot Water Heaters, so shop around, ask your neighbors if they can recommend someone.
View Other Water Heater and Filtration Costs: From Gas, Electric, Tankless & More
- Water Filtration
- Energy.gov — Energy Cost Calculator for Electric and Gas Water Heaters. Added July 17, 2015
- Hud Path — Volume 8 Rehab guide – Estimating HVAC/ Plumbing
115 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?