Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Garage Doors is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for a breakdown of Garage Door materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Garage Doors estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of Garage Doors needed (Units), next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Garage Doors installed in your home.
Standard Garage door size’s are: 9’ft. wide by 7’ft. Height. You might want to consider 10’ft. x 8’ft. for a single garage door entry.
|Garage Door Costs||Zip Code||Unit|
|Garage Door – Material Prices||$570.00 – $845.00||$857.00 – $1025.00||$1350.00 – $1400.00|
|Garage Door – Installation Cost||$565.00 – $685.50||$700.00 – $920.00||$1100.00 – $1250.00|
|Garage Door – Total||$1135.00 – $1530.50||$1557.00 – $1945.00||$2450.00 – $2650.00|
|Garage Door – Total Average Cost per unit||$1332.75||$1751.00||$2550.00|
How much does it cost to install a garage door?
The average cost to install a single garage door will run you roughly $700-$1,500.00 depending on the choice of materials, etc. To have a professional garage installer to the installation for you, you can expect an additional fixed labor rate of: $600-1,200 per garage door install.
Is this a DIY project? It can be, however, it can become very dangerous if you don’t have any knowledge on how the pulley system works. Furthermore, if you have springs that are under-tension, have a pro do the install for you as these can spring back and seriously injure you if you’re in the path.
So let’s breakdown the cost of having a professional garage installer, install a single-garage door.
Cost breakdown in Detail
|Garage Door Type||Cost per door||Installation Costs||Total|
|Solid wood custom models||$2,500-3,500.00||$1,500.00||$5,000.00|
- Door Styles: It’s important to know that certain door styles that have decorative in-lays can drive the costs up, coupled with hardware options.
- Windows: windows are an added feature that normally raises the price of a garage door by %20.
- Insulated Garage doors: This is a great feature to have and can reduce energy cost by as much as 20%. This feature normally adds an additional cost of 200.00 per door.
- Openers: These don’t really cost that much, roughly around $30-50.00 and to have installed, should cost you know more than $250.00.
Garage Doors – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a garage door contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect garage doors prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the garage doors costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of garage doors and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Garage Doors project.
View other Garage door Options and Costs: Steel, Fiberglass, Insulated, Double and Single garage doors.
Garage Door Cost Guide – External References
- The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 4: Windows and Doors Added: Sept. 2018
- How to Estimate the Cost of Doors, Windows and Hardware Added: Sept. 2018
- Unit Pricing Data: Home Depot Window and Door Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Lowes Windows and Doors Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Menards Door and Window Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Brosco Price Catalog – Windows, Doors and Millwork Added: Nov. 2019
156 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.