Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Exterior Doors is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for the Cost of Exterior Door materials and what installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Exterior Doors estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of Exterior Doors needed (Units), next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Exterior doors installed in your home.
Standard Exterior Doors size’s are: 6’ft. 8″ in Height by 36″ Wide. * Please Note: United Inches is where you add the height and the width of a door. I.e : the standard Exterior door would measure 84″ inches in height by 36″ wide, for a total of 120 united inches.
|Exterior Doors Costs||Zip Code||United Inch.|
|Exterior Doors – Material Prices|
|Exterior Doors – Installation Cost|
|Exterior Doors – Total|
|Exterior Doors – Total Average Cost per square foot|
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Exterior Door installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Exterior Doors contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Exterior Doors Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Exterior Doors – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Exterior Doors contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Exterior Doors prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the Exterior Doors costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Exterior Doors and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Exterior Doors project.
161 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?