Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Double Pane Window near you by using our simple to use calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
This Double Pane Window cost estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Double Pane Window installed in your local area.
|Double Pane Window costs||Zip Code||United Inch|
|Double Pane Window – Material Prices||$120.00 – $150.00||$180.00 – $216.00||$276.00 – $336.00|
|Double Pane Window – Installation Cost||$150.00 – $168.00||$192.00 – $222.00||$240.00 – $270.00|
|Double Pane Window – Total||$270.00 – $318.00||$372.00 – $438.00||$516.00 – $606.00|
|Double Pane Window – Total Average Cost per square foot||$2.45||$3.38||$4.67|
How Much Do Double-Pane Windows Cost?
The average labor cost to install a double-hung or double pane window is between $150 to $350, with a national average of $250 per 3’x5′ vinyl window. Expect the cost for double-pane wood windows to be in the range of $350 to $800 on the high-end.
Average cost: $250
Double Pane Window – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Double Pane Window contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Double Pane Window prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, hips, valleys, dormers, curbs, ventilation, etc. The additional complexity of your roof will add to the Casement Window costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Double Pane Window and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Double Pane Window project.
View other window options and frame styles: Fiberglass, Wood, Vinyl & Aluminum
- Vinyl & Aluminum
- Hud Path Rehab Guide, Volume 4, windows & doors. Dated added July 19, 2015
- Replacementwindowszone.com — Educates consumers on a plethora of replacement window brands and options, including national average costs data. Added July 19, 2015
414 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.