Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Automatic Garage Doors is in your zip code by using our handy calculator. If you’re looking for 2019 breakdown what Automatic Garage Doors materials and installation cost might be, you’ve come to the right place.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best. The Automatic Garage Doors estimator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the number of Automatic Garage Doors needed (Units), next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Automatic Garage Doors installed in your home.
Standard Garage door size’s are: 9’ft. wide by 7’ft. Height. You might want to consider 10’ft. x 8’ft. for a single garage door entry.
|Automatic Garage Door Costs||Zip Code||Unit|
|Automatic Garage Door – Material Prices||$570.00 – $845.00||$857.00 – $1025.00||$1350.00 – $1400.00|
|Automatic Garage Door – Installation Cost||$565.00 – $685.50||$700.00 – $920.00||$1100.00 – $1250.00|
|Automatic Garage Door – Total||$1135.00 – $1530.50||$1557.00 – $1945.00||$2450.00 – $2650.00|
|Automatic Garage Door – Total Average Cost per Unit||$1332.75||$1751.00||$2550.00|
How Much Do Garage Doors cost on Average:
The average cost of aluminum garage doors are $600-900.00 on average and can exceed $2,500 per garage door on the luxury end. This doesn’t include hardware or labor.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Automatic Garage Door installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Garage Door contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
Automatic Garage Doors – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Automatic Garage Doors contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Automatic Garage Doors prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Automatic Garage Doors and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, Victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Automatic Garage Doors project.
View other Garage door Options and Costs: Steel, Fiberglass, Insulated, Double and Single garage doors.
Garage Door Cost Guide – External References
- The HUD PATH Rehab Guide Volume 4: Windows and Doors Added: Sept. 2018
- How to Estimate the Cost of Doors, Windows and Hardware Added: Sept. 2018
- Unit Pricing Data: Home Depot Window and Door Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Lowes Windows and Doors Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Menards Door and Window Added: Nov. 2019
- Unit Pricing Data: Brosco Price Catalog – Windows, Doors and Millwork Added: Nov. 2019
121 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?