Don’t let your remodeling budget go over-board by hidden surprises – understand what the average installed costs for Attic Insulation is in your zip code by using our handy calculator.
As an experienced licensed home improvement contractor, I know first hand what it should cost for various levels — from Basic, Better, and of course the best.
The Attic Insulation cost calculator will provide you with up to date pricing for your area. Simply enter your zip code and the square footage, next click update and you will see a breakdown on what it should cost to have Attic Insulation installed in your home
Example: a 10′ x 10′ area equal 100 square feet.
|Attic Insulation Costs||Zip Code||Sq. ft.|
|Attic Insulation – Material Prices||$40.00 – $45.00||$50.00 – $55.00||$60.00 – $75.00|
|Attic Insulation – Installation Cost||$125.00 – $135.00||$175.00 – $200.00||$225.00 – $265.00|
|Attic Insulation – Total||$165.00 – $180.00||$225.00 – $255.00||$285.00 – $340.00|
|Attic Insulation – Total Average Cost per square foot||$1.73||$2.40||$3.13|
How Much Does Attic Insulation Cost?
On average, you can expect to pay between $1.25 to $3.00 per square ft to install attic insulation and material cost for Batt/Roll r-11 to r-38 insulation runs between 0.15 to 0.65 cents per square foot. An average-size attic of 1,200 square ft. will usually cost about $1,900-$2,800. Get free estimates from insulation companies near you
Attic Insulation – Pricing and Installation Cost Checklist
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring Attic Insulation contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the price to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to get prices in late Fall, early winter – you should expect aggressive pricing discounts by waiting for a contractor’s down season.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out – I.e; difficult configurations, patterns, the additional complexity of your home will add to the costs.
- Visit every supply house that sell your particular brand of Attic Insulation and try to negotiate a better price with each supplier – I save on average 20%.
- Remember, there are multiple styled homes in the U.S – from: Contemporary, colonial, cape-cod style, ranch, bungalow, victorian, etc. So keep that in mind and try to budget a little more, before starting your Attic Insulation project.
- Cost can add up quickly, especially if you’re a novice and have never attempted a Attic Insulation installation before. I would strongly recommend you hire a licensed and Insured Attic Insulation contractor to perform the installation for you.
- Be sure to have a copy of the Attic Insulation Manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements before starting, to make sure your project doesn’t end up costing you more money in the long-run.
View other Residential & Commercial Insulation costs and Types
- Spray Foam
- Fiberglass & Blown-in
- Ridgid Board & Tapered
- Energy.Gov — Department of Energy, types of insulation guide. Added on Jan. 21, 2015
- Home Depot — Insulation types buying guide. Added on Jan 3, 2022
219 people found this helpful. Was this guide helpful to you?
What Others are paying:
A lawyer never retires. So I would just say that I am not as active as I used to be. Now I simply dedicate myself to fishing, my hobby, and my grandchildren. For Business Finance News I write about legal aspects of mortgage policies, mostly regarding the rights of policyholders. I also have articles about personal injuries.